This is the season for looking your best, and everyone wants to achieve their best holiday look. A beautiful holiday look, though, starts with great skin, so here are some tips to achieve a natural holiday glow.
The first thing to remember is that winter skin care differs from summer skin care, no matter where you live. In a warmer climate, the temperature drops are not so dramatic, true, but even subtle changes can affect your skin care regimen.
Here are tips to take your skin care regimen from summer to winter:
01. If you find your skin feeling itchy, the problem may be that the products you are using are not the best for you when the climate changes. Try hypoallergenic soaps or skin care products.
02. Is your skin looking older or drier? Try dabbing on moisturizer during the day as well as night or in the morning.
03. Try a new moisturizer. Some products may not work for you as well in the winter as in the summer. The choice you make depends on the dryness of your skin and your tolerance for the greasy feel of moisturizer. While a light moisturizer may suffice in the summer, you may need a heavier, creamier choice in the winter to lock in the moisture. Avoid moisturizers that contain alcohol, which is drying.
04. Now that cooler weather is here, the idea of soaking in a hot bathtub may seem appealing. Don’t do it – hot water dries the skin.
05. Don’t forget the sunscreen. Everyone knows to put on sunscreen when it’s a blindingly sunny day outside, but even on cloudy winter days, the damaging rays of the sun filter through, aging skin and causing skin cancer as well. So always wear sunscreen, and use an SPF of at least 15 and preferably 30+. Also, don’t forget your lips; use a lip balm with a similar SPF factor as well.
NOW THAT YOU’VE GOT YOUR SKIN LOOKING GREAT, TREAT YOURSELF TO A MAKEOVER FOR THE HOLIDAYS. YOU CAN LIKELY GET A FREE MAKEOVER AT YOUR COSMETICS COUNTER, BUT, IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE TEMPTED INTO TO BUY NEW PRODUCTS, HEAD TO THE COMPUTER. CHECK OUT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF YOUR FAVORITE COSMETICS BRAND; GIORGIO ARMANI, L’OREAL, REVLON, ET AL. ALL OFFER VIDEO TUTORIALS ON HOW TO ACHIEVE THE LATEST LOOKS, PROBABLY BY USING THE MAKEUP YOU ALREADY HAVE AT HAND.
By Charlotte Libov