- 4 ripe small bananas
- popsicle or lollipop sticks (about 5 to 6 inches)
- 16 ounces Nutella
- Assorted toppings: chocolate jimmies, rainbow sprinkles, chopped nuts, toasted flaked coconut, crushed cookies, Rice Krispies, granola
- Peel bananas. Cut in half. Insert popsicle or lollipop stick into cut side very gently about halfway into the banana being careful not to split banana.
- Place bananas on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for several hours or overnight. Once bananas are frozen, you can place them in a large baggie and store in freezer until ready to use.
- When you are ready to spread Nutella on the bananas, place your favorite toppings on paper plates.
- Place Nutella a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Repeat this process, one minute at a time until the Nutella is melted and easy to spread onto bananas.
- Spread the melted Nutella on each frozen banana—making sure to cover from top to bottom. Once banana is fully coated, work quickly and roll in your favorite topping.
- Place coated and decorated bananas on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze.
- When finished bananas are frozen, you can store them in Tupperware or aluminum storage containers.
- Serve bananas directly from freezer. They will turn mushy if they defrost.
Recipe by Judy Elbaum @baba_judy