Yucca is a root vegetable that grows in regions with subtropical climates, like Mexico and South America. Also known as cassava, yucca is a dense, starchy food that’s rich in carbohydrates. It’s a good source of fiber, folate, vitamin C, and potassium.
Amongst Yucca health benefits are:
- Boosts Immunity
- Eases Arthritis Pain
- Benefits Skin Health
- Aids Diabetes Treatment
- Inhibits Oxidative Stress
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total time: 55 to 60 minutes
- 3 cups cooked yucca (it can be leftovers from the day before) – Using a food processor, place the chopping blade on it. In the slow speed chop 1-inch pieces of cooked yucca until it looks like dough, around 1 minute)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- Water to cook
- In a large bowl and using, hands combine yucca, egg yolk, salt, and cilantro until it turns a very delicate dough that is soft, smooth and a little sticky.
- Remove pieces of dough about the size of a lemon.
- With the palms of hands, roll the dough piece on the floured (tapioca flour) surface into a rope ¾ inch in diameter.
- With a knife cut the rope ¾ inch
- Bring a medium pot with water to a boil.
- Drop in 1/3 of the gnocchi and cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- Drain it and repeat this procedure until all the gnocchi is cooked
- Reserved the cooked gnocchi for a while
- In a small pot, melt ghee (60 seconds)
- Turn the ghee over the gnocchi.
- Top with parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately