I love love love tiramisu with all my heart. I have loved it before my vegan journey and I am thrilled that there are even a few vegan varieties, that taste pretty great.
These truffles make the perfect gift for all your friends and family, that have a sweet tooth. They are so easy to make and have such an amazing taste, you might eat them all up before giving them to anyone, so make sure you have double the ingredients at home.
- 100g almond meal
- 150g cashews, soaked for 2-3h in warm water, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 3 tbsp vegan cream cheese or vegan mascarpone
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 60ml coconut oil
- 200g vegan chocolate or homemade chocolate glaze ( 2 tbsp maple syrup, 50g melted cocoa butter, 3-4 heaped tbsp cocoa powder)
In a medium bowl blend cashews, cream cheese, coconut sugar, coconut oil and almond meal by using an immerson blender until smooth.
Put bowl into the freezer for 20-30 minutes, so the mixture is easier to firm.
Use hands to make 7-9 truffle balls.
While melting the chocolate, put the truffles into the fridge, so they stay firm.
Once the chocolate is melted, add the espresso powder to it and stir well trough. Use two spoons, to coat the truffles with chocolate.
Put into the freezer for another 15-20 minutes and roll truffles on a flat plate through some more cocoa powder if you like. Enjoy.
Vegan plant based cuisine, earth loving and caring , quality before quantity – email@example.com – www.voilavegan.com