You know the drill. You get up, take a shower and watch your hair swirl in the drain. You check out your hair in the mirror and find a little less than you had the day before. Your hairline is receding and you’ve tried the shampoos and the Rogaine with minimal success. You’ve done the hair system thing, but that’s just not you. So what’s a person to do? Live with hair loss? Maybe not.
Here are the top ten reasons to try a new laser hair treatment program.
1. The use of low level lasers in the treatment of hair loss is one of the latest technological breakthroughs in hair restoration therapy. This low level laser hair treatment has been used with great success in Europe for the past ten years but has only recently come into use here in the States and the use of hand-held laser combs has been approved by the FDA for home use.
2. Low light lasers use cool red light to stimulate blood flow to the hair folicle up to 54% better. There are many factors involved in male and female pattern hair loss—genetics, hormones, age. When hair follicles begin to fail because of an overabundance of DHT (dihydrotestosterone, a hormone that comes with aging) in the body and lack of blood flow to that area of the scalp, hair follicles shrink and eventually miniaturize and fail to thrive. Finally, hair follicles disappear altogether. Once follicles die, nothing can be done to help them. That’s why it’s important to start laser hair treatment when your hair is in the thinning stage, before it’s gone altogether. Cool laser hair treatment stimulates this blood flow and restores vitality to the root, encouraging regrowth.
3. Laser hair treatment can be used in conjunction with your current mode of hair loss treatment. If you’re taking Rogaine or Propecia and seeing minimal results, laser hair treatment can boost the effectiveness of such medications. By stimulating regrowth of hair follicles with the use of red, low light lasers, the medications tend to work more effectively. In clinical studies, 45% of patients saw noticeable results in 6-8 weeks, and within 4 – 6 months, another 45% saw definite improvement in the quality of the hair that was regrowing as well as in the thickness of their hair. For best results, talk to a hair loss consultant for a hair loss consultation, which is normally free.
4. Laser hair treatment is pain-free and has virtually no side effects. For those fearful or reluctant to use drugs and prescription medication treatments, such as Rogaine and Propecia, a laser hair treatment program offers a safe, effective and risk-free way to treat hair loss. Lasers stimulate blood flow to the scalp and energized the hair follicles but do not damage skin.
5. Laser hair treatment will not bust your budget. Compared to other hair loss treatments, laser hair treatments are affordable. The cost is much cheaper than alternatives like surgical hair restoration or a high-end hair system that will require maintenance.
6. Laser hair treatment vs. hair systems – Hair systems require some kind of glue or adhesive to stay on. There is always the risk that an edge will come up or that even the best hair system will be detectable. With laser hair treatment, you’re only dealing with your own natural hair. No glue and no hoping that people won’t notice that you’re wearing a hair system.
7. No surgery – There is no surgery involved with laser hair treatment and, more important, no anesthesia required. Hair restoration surgery, or follicular hair transplantation surgery, is very expensive and requires 10 days of downtime following surgery. Laser hair treatments can be done on your lunch break or in front of the TV at night and require no down time. And there is no risk of infection involved as there is with any surgery.
8. Laser Hair Treatments are natural – Many people simply don’t believe in taking medication or in doing surgery to restore hair. They want a more natural approach. Nothing is more natural than using light to regrow your hair. The kind of red light used in laser hair treatments is not the kind that will give you sunburn or encourage skin problems. On the contrary, it can even help a flaky, itchy scalp to heal and naturally stimulate the health and vitality of the scalp and hair.
9. No need to be self-conscious by visiting a hair replacement clinic – If you dread the idea of walking into a hair restoration clinic to be measured, prodded and evaluated, or if you’re simply too shy to be bothered with it, a laser hair treatment program with an in-home hand-held laser comb may be your best solution.
10. Hand-held laser combs for home use – If you choose the hand-held laser comb that is now on the market, it’s an even more cost effective option. Use of the laser comb two to three times a week at home for 10 to 15 minutes is all you need. And it’s yours forever. As your hair regrows after using laser hair therapy, your confidence will grow as well. A thick head of healthy hair means a more vital, healthy, happy you.
By Alejandro Lara