Do we need an excuse to get a good massage? Probably not, right? But wouldn’t it be good to know that there are plenty of reasons why you should be getting massages much more often? No kidding.
It used to be that only people of a certain income level or status treated themselves to a decadent massage. Now, they are more commonplace and much more affordable. And you can even treat someone else with a gift certificate for one.
According to expert kinesiologist, massages are primarily an all over body medicine. A massage can increase and improve circulation if done correctly. And as many people already know, proper circulation does wonder for your body. Next time someone tells you that massages are luxuries, not essentials, say that they’re far more than that. They’re medically necessary.
Here are a few of the many health benefits of getting a massage:
- It can read just your posture by working out the kinks. After endless hours spent sitting at a desk or standing still to do work, your posture takes a serious hit. Regular massages can ease the tension in your neck and back and help straighten your spine.
- They can help you get restful sleep. Better circulation means you’ll get better sleep. One massage per week can help with insomnia.
- Ease anxiety. The circular motions soothe you by lowering your blood pressure and decreasing your heart rate.
- They can relieve headache pain. They are a natural way to alleviate pain. Something as simple as two massages per week can reduce the occurrence or ease the symptoms of headaches.
- They can relieve body aches and pains.
- Reduce the effects of chemo and other harsh treatments by reducing aches and pains and nausea.
They can boost your mood. This is easy. Book an appointment today!
By Ava Mallory