Each foot is made up of 26 small bones that contribute and allow your body to be in the upright position, they absorb shock, allow you to ambulate and perform physical activities. They are very complex parts of your body and require expert care….Feet
Foot care is particularly important if you have diabetes. Foot problems are a common complication of this condition. If you experience any of these symptoms, make sure to schedule an appointment with Care Resource’s Podiatrist.
- Pain in your legs or cramping in your buttocks, thighs, or calves during physical activity.
- Tingling, burning, or pain in your feet.
- Loss of sense of touch or ability to feel heat or cold very well.
- A change in the shape of your feet over time.
- Loss of hair on your toes, feet, and lower legs.
- Dry, cracked skin on your feet.
- A change in the color and temperature of your feet.
- Thickened, yellow toenails.
- Fungus infections such as athlete’s foot between your toes.
- A blister, ulcer, infected corn, or ingrown toenail.
According to Sandra Lee Franco, DPM, MS, Podiatric Surgeon with Care Resource, “Many people with diabetes experience complications with their feet. You can have nerve damage in any part of your body, but nerves in your feet and legs are most often affected. Nerve damage can cause you to lose feeling in your feet. Nerve damage, along with poor blood flow puts you at risk for developing a foot ulcer that could get infected. If an infection doesn’t get better with treatment, your toe, foot, or part of your leg may need to be amputated.”
Our podiatrist works directly with your primary care physician to diagnose and treat conditions that affect this area of your body. Get your examined to detect problems early and help prevent complications.
To make a medical appointment, call 305.576.1234 – Extension #470 (English) or #471 (Spanish).
Through education, research, care, treatment, and support services, Care Resource improves upon the health and overall quality of life of our diverse South Florida communities in need.
Regardless of your health needs, immigration status, religious beliefs, gender, age, if you are insured or uninsured, at Care Resource we care for all who need quality healthcare services.