No-bake chocolate peanut butter treats are dense, sweet, and delicious. Made from only 8 simple ingredients, these are a delightful treat any time of the year. No oven required!
Here are some health benefits of dark chocolate.
Protect Your Heart
Independent researches show that dark chocolate may offer many benefits that could defend against cardiovascular disease.
Lower Blood Pressure
Studies suggest that dark chocolate may have a positive effect on reducing blood pressure.
Reduce the Risk of Diabetes
The types of flavanols present in dark chocolate help reduce risk factors correlated with insulin resistance.
- 1¾ cups white sugar*
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup organic butter
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened shaved dark chocolate
- ¾ cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 3½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add ½ to ¾ cups of coconut if desired
NON BAKING INSTRUCTIONS
- Set out all the measured ingredients and wax paper set out before starting.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
- Bring to a rolling boil and continue boiling and stirring for 1½ minutes.**
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until it melts, then add vanilla.
- Add in the oats.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.
*Consider cutting down on the recommended sugar to make these treats even healthier.
**Trick: Start timing the 1 ½ minutes once the mixture reaches a full rolling boil. If you don’t boil the mixture enough, the cookies won’t set; if you boil it too much, it becomes dry and crumbly.
By Ava Mallory