Load this Quinoa and Tuna Salad with fresh farm vegetables and Mediterranean flavors for a delightful, refreshing recipe. A whole-grain protein bowl is a perfect solution for when lunch needs to be quick—and delicious, satisfying, and healthy.
The main ingredients on this delicious Quinoa and Tuna Salad are a great source of antioxidants and Aminoacids.
Quinoa is non-GMO, gluten-free, and usually grown organically. Even though technically not a cereal grain, it still counts as a whole-grain food.
Unlike most plant-based foods, quinoa is a complete protein, which contains all essential amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of the proteins that make up your muscles, bones, skin, and blood.
Tuna comprises omega-3 fatty acids, which help bring balance in the blood vessels, thereby reducing cholesterol in the arteries. As such, the heart can efficiently carry out its purpose of pumping blood throughout the body, maintaining good health.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbls of finely chopped lemon peel
- A bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup of green beans, cut into 1¼-inch length
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1½ can of tuna in water, drained
- And 2 cups of arugula leaves
- Put the quinoa in a saucepan and cover with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes; remove from heat and drain.
- Place the lemon juice, olive oil, lemon peel and chives in a bowl and toss together with the quinoa.
- Add the green beans, cherry tomatoes and tuna. Toss once more and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the arugula leaves in a salad bowl and spoon the quinoa and tuna salad on top.