quick, easy, and readily available
Maintaining healthy hair is easier than you might think. A little upfront work with clean, natural products can do a world of good.
If you’ve always wanted healthy, shiny locks that not only look healthy but feel healthy and strong, consider investing in these easily attainable products:
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
Pre-shampoo with apple cider vinegar to rid the hair of pollutants and will help to lock in moisture and adds sheen.
- Honey is nature’s moisturizer. Massage it into your hair. Let it sit for up to 30 minutes, then, rinse out. It won’t leave your hair feeling sticky. It WILL leave it looking healthy.
- Cold Water. Always rinse out conditioner or any hair product with cold water. It’s a much better rinse and helps to make your hair shiny.
- Ginger. Ginger is a super mineral. Add it to recipes. Studies have shown it promotes healthy hair growth.
- Almonds are the perfect snack. The natural oils in them promote healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Salmon is chockful of good nutrients for the whole body. Head on over to your nearest fish market and stock up on this vitamin-rich superfood.
No, you won’t put all these in your hair, but having them in your pantry will help you to maintain healthy hair.
Here are some suggestions for what you CAN do to get and keep your hair in tip-top shape:
- Avoid shampoos and conditioners that contain alcohol, silicones, and sulfates.
- Rinse and condition your hair with cold water.
- Pre-shampoo with apple cider vinegar.
- Take hair, skin, and nail vitamins to boost your hair’s health.
- Wrap your hair in a T-shirt, not a towel after washing.
- Don’t wash your hair daily.
- Throw your heating tools out.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase.
- Use a heat protectant spray to protect it from sun and heat.
- Condition with honey.
- Don’t use a brush when your hair is wet.
- Use natural coconut oil to help retain your hair’s natural oil.
- Drink more water.
- Stock up on nuts and vegetables. A good diet is always the right decision.
- Let your hair air dry.
- Ditch the expensive hair products.
- Repair damage with mashed avocados. Massage onto scalp and let sit for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Use essential oils to fight frizz.
- To add shine, rub mayonnaise into your hair. Leave for an hour, then wash out.
- Substitute condensed milk for your regular conditioner.
- Make an egg protein mask for your hair. Mix a couple of eggs in a bowl and rinse your hair with the mixture, then, cover your hair with a dry T-shirt to lock in all the moisturizing benefits. After thirty minutes, rinse the mixture out with cold water.
- Avoid the pool. Specifically, avoid the chlorine in the pool. It promotes dryness and can cause discoloration of the hair follicles.